13 Jun
2008

MbUnit 2.4 PlugIn for ReSharper 4.0 Final

Update: Beta 10 for R# 4.5 is ready

Update (20.06):

Beta 9 is ready ReSharper-MbUnit-Beta9.zip it fixes Issues 11, 17, 18 and some other things. Go and get it and please provide feedback. If work stable it will be included in the next MbUnit 2.4 Update.
Know Issues: DependsOn() and DataFixture() not supported in R# (not fixable yet)

A new Version of the PlugIn to Run MbUnit 2.4 Test in ReSharper is available.

You can download it: ReSharper-MbUnit-Beta8.zip

There is also an Update for ReSharper 3.1 which fixes some bugs..

Know-Issues:

The results of an RowTest with Enums are not displayed in the Unit Test Explorer.

Have fun.

Technorati-Tags: ,,

Der Eintrag ist mir etwas Wert

Feedback

left by Dan Silivestru at 6/13/2008 7:14 PM Gravatar
Thanks! You got that out really quickly! I just installed it and I'm running into a problem where ReShareper seems to ignore all my data driven tests. I'm using [DataFixture] with [ForEachTest]

Any ideas / suggestions would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks,
Dan.

left by Albert Weinert at 6/13/2008 7:20 PM Gravatar
Please add a complete sample test to the Issue-List http://code.google.com/p/mbunit-resharper/issues/list or send me an e-mail (info@der-albert.com). saves me some work. thank you.

left by Dan Silivestru at 6/13/2008 8:31 PM Gravatar
Hi Albert,

Thanks for the quick reply, I've opened Issue 20 as per your request. Please let me know if there's any more info I can provide you.

Thanks a million

left by Alan Stevens at 6/18/2008 10:51 PM Gravatar
Albert,

Thanks for putting this plugin together. I've installed the latest download, and opened the sample tests project from SVN but the R# test runner can't find any tests in the solution.

Did I skip a step somewhere?

++Alan

left by Albert Weinert at 6/20/2008 3:31 PM Gravatar
Hi,

Beta 9 is out. Which fixed a lot of bugs (ex. Enum).

@Alan: Don't know, what your problem ist. This is for MbUnit 2.x not for 3.

You may install it manualy in the %APPDATA%\JetBrains\ReSharper\v4.0\vs9.0\PlugIns\MbUnit directory.

left by Ted at 6/27/2008 11:01 AM Gravatar
Is it possible to make it so that when you double click a TestFixture or Test in Unit Test Explorer or Unit Test Sessions that it opens the source file in Visual Studio?

Not sure if these are your plug-in bugs or Resharper bugs but: Test failed counts are always incorrect. Debug Selected Tests from right click context menu or clicking the button on the far left of a method and picking Debug run *every* test in a fixture, not just the single test you want to debug. Easy to see by setting a breakpoint on a constructor for a class with multiple tests.

left by Albert Weinert at 6/27/2008 11:57 AM Gravatar
Miscouting Test: Which Version of R# are you using?

Debug: I have to check.

Doubleclicking: No this is not possible for the PlugIn.

left by Ted at 6/27/2008 2:49 PM Gravatar
I am running Resharper 4.0.819.19 which is the current official release.

left by Lance Fisher at 7/12/2008 9:05 PM Gravatar
Thanks! This rocks! After not being able to get TestDriven.NET to run my SetUp or RowTests I started looking for other options. I like this better than TD.NET. I get to see green and red!

left by Collin at 7/29/2008 12:45 AM Gravatar
Thanks for this. It's an excellent addition to ReSharper.

One question: is this meant to support the CombinatorialTestAttibute? I can't get it to run my combinatorial tests.

left by Emad at 8/8/2008 6:46 AM Gravatar
When will you have a version compatible with mbUnit 3?

I would like to join your google code project to help out...

left by Philip Japikse at 8/14/2008 11:29 PM Gravatar
I've noticed in the Unit Test Sessions window, if you have a RowTest, it doesn't display the results for the individual row tests. Is that an issue, or do I need to change a config setting?

Minor issue, if you are running R# 4.1 (from the daily builds), the bat files needs to be modified to copy to %APPDATA%\JetBrains\ReSharper\%rsversion% where %rsversion% = 4.1

Don't know if it's worth updating the bat file for that or just calling it out on your blog...

Otherwise, it works like a champ!

left by Philip Japikse at 8/14/2008 11:32 PM Gravatar
This seems to be different than the enum issue (but maybe not...)
Sample Test:
[RowTest]
[RollBack]
[Row(4, new[] { 14, 15, 16, 17 })]
[Row(6, new[] { 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 })]
[Row(8, new[] { 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 })]
public void Should_Get_First_N_Records(int count, int[] ids)
{
//Code Here
}

left by erick at 8/18/2008 1:13 AM Gravatar
the new version of mbunit is 3.x why don't you make a pluin for it?

left by Albert Weinert at 9/10/2008 1:49 PM Gravatar
MbUnit 3 comes with the Gallio Runner, which can run all Test-Framework which are supportet by Gallio or based on Gallio. MbUnit 3 is based on Gallio.

left by Albert Weinert at 9/10/2008 1:58 PM Gravatar
MbUnit 3 comes with the Gallio Runner for ReSharper, which can run all Test-Frameworks which are supportet by Gallio or based on Gallio. MbUnit 3 is based on Gallio.

left by Jeremy Holt at 9/18/2008 10:13 PM Gravatar
Is there a version for Resharper 4.1 Final?

left by Albert Weinert at 9/20/2008 8:47 AM Gravatar

Use the updated install.bat

left by Gavin at 3/2/2009 4:58 PM Gravatar
Do you have any plans to create a version of the plug-in that is compatible with RS# 4.5? I know that for the moment that could be difficult given RS# 4.5 is still in its EAP.

Thanks,

Gavin

left by Albert Weinert at 3/2/2009 8:55 PM Gravatar
The current source in the trunk has a Project for R#4.5
Comments have been closed on this topic.