07 Dec
2007

MbUnit PlugIn Beta 5 for ReSharper 3.1 and MbUnit 2.x

Deutsch

Ich habe ein Update des MbUnit PlugIn für ReSharper fertigstellt.

English

I had created an update of the MbUnit PlugIn for ReSharper

Readme

You have to use ReSharper 3.1 RC2 or a current Nightly Build. It won't work with ReSharper 3.0.

The PlugIn works for Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008

Fixes (up to Beta 5)

• now runs test with a SetUp Method
  • better Displaying the StackTrace of an Exception
  • should also recognize Tests from own extensions
  • don't need compiled for a specific version of ReSharper
  • Don't show weird deletes Test within the Unit Test Session
  • Display Categories
  • RowTest with null Parameters don't throw an Exception
  • TestSequence works
  • less glitches

Know Issues

• Failed test are sometimes miscounted

So, feel free to use it and give me some feedback.

Install

Download the Zip-Archive, extract it and close all running instances of Visual Studio.

Doubclick the Install.bat, it will installed for all Visual Studio Version if ReSharper 3.1 is installed.

Download

ReSharper-MbUnit-Beta5.zip

Update:  Beta 5 Available Please download Beta 5 if you allready downloaded an other version..

The Source is also available http://mbunit-resharper.googlecode.com/svn/trunk

Technorati-Tags: ,

Der Eintrag ist mir etwas Wert

Feedback

# re: MbUnit PlugIn Beta 2 for ReSharper 3.1 and MbUnit 2.x

left by Jay at 12/12/2007 11:01 PM Gravatar
I get the following error when I load my solution with the MbUnit plug-in enabled:

JetBrains.Util.InternalErrorException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Failed to explore project ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MbUnit.ReSharper.Explorer.AssemblyHelper.AppendArguments(StringBuilder sb, Object[] arguments, Int32& attributeCount) in D:\PrivatCode\mbunit-resharper\PlugIn\MbUnit.ReSharper3\Explorer\AssemblyHelper.cs:line 57

# re: MbUnit PlugIn Beta 2 for ReSharper 3.1 and MbUnit 2.x

left by Albert Weinert at 12/13/2007 12:41 AM Gravatar
Fixed in Beta 5

# re: MbUnit PlugIn Beta 5 for ReSharper 3.1 and MbUnit 2.x

left by Jon Leigh at 12/27/2007 1:15 PM Gravatar
Hi

I've just installed Version 3.1 (final) of Resharper and beta 5 of your MbUnit plugin but i can't seem to get them to work together.

The plugin appears in the Reshaper plugin list from VS 2005 but when i click on "Run Tests" it reports that no tests are found.

Do you have any ideas?

BTW, the Install.bat file installs the plugin in the old version 3.0 folder. Also, your contact page throws an exception when you try and send a message

Cheers
Jon

# re: MbUnit PlugIn Beta 5 for ReSharper 3.1 and MbUnit 2.x

left by Silver at 12/28/2007 9:07 AM Gravatar
Jon I think you have to run the install.bat again. It worked the second time for me.

But I have another problem: It finds all tests and displays them and after I manually build the solution (when I try to run tests without building, it says build failed) but none of them run... on top the bar goes green after one second, but no tests are actually run.. also in front of the tests, the bubbles stay gray (they dont turn green or red).

I'm running R# 3.1 C# edition final and MbUnit 2.4 RTM

# re: MbUnit PlugIn Beta 5 for ReSharper 3.1 and MbUnit 2.x

left by Albert Weinert at 1/3/2008 7:13 AM Gravatar
Can use send me a simple Solution (which includes MbUnit) which has the problem?
info at der-albert dot com

# re: MbUnit PlugIn Beta 5 for ReSharper 3.1 and MbUnit 2.x

left by FinnN at 1/5/2008 8:33 PM Gravatar
I'm having the same problem as Silver, let me know if you still need a sample solution where it's happening.

# re: MbUnit PlugIn Beta 5 for ReSharper 3.1 and MbUnit 2.x

left by Albert Weinert at 1/5/2008 8:38 PM Gravatar
Yes. A Solution which includess the mbunit assemblies your are using!

# re: MbUnit PlugIn Beta 5 for ReSharper 3.1 and MbUnit 2.x

left by Albert Weinert at 1/8/2008 1:13 AM Gravatar
Fixed in Beta 6
Download: http://code.google.com/p/mbunit-resharper/downloads/list

# re: MbUnit PlugIn Beta 5 for ReSharper 3.1 and MbUnit 2.x

left by Fedde at 1/8/2008 11:56 AM Gravatar
When I try running a test I constantly get the following error:
System.IO.FileLoadException: Kan bestand of assembly C:\\TestProject\\bin\\Release\\VinMunnen.exe of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. De gegeven assembly-naam of -codebasis is ongeldig. (Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x80131047)

The error is in Dutch, but I hope you get the point. It states that it can't load the file or one of it's dependencies. But I can run it so I don't see the problem.

# re: MbUnit PlugIn Beta 5 for ReSharper 3.1 and MbUnit 2.x

left by Gavin at 3/3/2008 7:41 PM Gravatar
I hate to ask but when will a plug-in be available for R# 4. I'm using a nightly build to take advantage of the .NET 3.5 feature.

BTW The plug is an indispensable part of our TDD environment. Just wish I had the time to take the open source and re-write the plug-in for R# 4.

# re: MbUnit PlugIn Beta 5 for ReSharper 3.1 and MbUnit 2.x

left by Dotnetshadow at 3/7/2008 12:02 PM Gravatar
Hi there, I've been having the following problem with mbunit plugin with resharper

Regards Dotnetshadow

# Running a single test: a bug in the plug-in or in MbUnit

left by Edouard Mercier at 3/14/2008 1:53 PM Gravatar
First of all, thank you for your work Albert.

When attempting to run a single test through the plug-in (for R# 3.1 under VS 2005 and MbUnit V2.4.1) in debug mode, when you set a break point on a supposedly-non-run-test method, the debugger halts on the breakpoint however. Which seems to indicate that all tests of the fixture are run, whereas I run only one test.

According to you, is it a bug in the plug-in implementation or in the MbUnit framework, please?

Cheers,
Edouard
Comments have been closed on this topic.