28 Aug
2007

Source of the MbUnit PlugIn for ReSharper available

Update:

Use the Beta 2 Build which many fixes you can get it here

Deutsch:

Unter http://mbunit-resharper.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/PlugIn/ steht der Quelltext der aktuellen Version des MbUnit PlugIn for ReSharper 3 zu Verfügung.  Der Grund sind die verschiedenen Version von R# (Vs2005, Vs2008, Full, C# and VB) so das jeder seine Version derzeit selber bauen muss. Bis eine andere Lösung gefunden ist, dies soll mit R# 3.0.3 passieren.

Um das PlugIn zu bauen muss ILmerge installiert sein. Die Visual Studio Version in der build3.bat eingetragen werden und die batch Datei gestartet werden. Damit werden die Assemblies erzeugt und zusammengeführt, auch wird diese dann direkt an die richtige Stelle in Deinem %APPDATA% Ordner abgelegt. Dazu muss natürlich Visual Studio vorher geschlossen sein. Ist schon eine ältere Version des PlugIns installert, so muss dieses vorher gelöscht werden.

English:

At http://mbunit-resharper.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/PlugIn/ i've released the sourcecode of the current version of the MbUnit PlugIn for ReSharper 3.0. The reason is the different version of R# (Vs2005, Vs2008, Full, C# and VB) so that you *must* build the plugin by yourself to get in run right! The Solution of the problem will be available with R# 3.0.3.

To build the Plugin you have to to get the source from that adress above and install ILmerge, change the Visual Studio Version in the build3.bat and run the batch. It will compile the PlugIn-Assemblies, merge them and copy the assembly to the right place in your %APPDATA% folder. You have to close your Visual Studio before that, if have an older version of the plugin installed you have to deletet that before!

Technorati Tags: , ,

Der Eintrag ist mir etwas Wert

Feedback

left by silmaril at 8/29/2007 2:17 PM Gravatar
Now it's work :D

left by Terry Thibodeau at 8/30/2007 8:01 PM Gravatar
What's happening with version 3.0.3 of R# that will eliminate the need to build the plugin ourselves?

I'm currently using R# 3.0.2 (build 3.0.517.8) and the R# Unit Test Explorer isn't showing any pass/fail indicators in the UI. Is this something that will be fixed when R# 3.0.3 is released?

Thanks!

left by Albert Weinert at 8/30/2007 8:03 PM Gravatar
With R# 3.0.3 it will (hopefully) not need to compile the plugin by yourself.

If the Runner don't show the indicators, it may be a bug. But here the Icons are shown. I may need more Information.

left by Jan S at 8/30/2007 10:13 PM Gravatar
Great! It works perfectly, with icons showing.

I was making a mistake earlier when I complained about the path. I didn't use %APPDATA% but %ProgramFiles%, very stupid of me.

Great Job Albert!

regards,
Jan

left by Albert Weinert at 8/30/2007 10:31 PM Gravatar
Read more Information about installing the PlugIn

# Plugin not showing accurate results when using a [SetUp] attribute

left by Matthew Otto at 9/4/2007 3:27 PM Gravatar
Hi,

I'm running into a bug with the MbUnit Plugin, but I wasn't sure if this was the correct place to log the bug. It seems if you include a [SetUp] attribute in your TestFixture the plugin reports incorrect test results (everything passes).

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new TestFixture.
2. Add a new Test that consists of Assert.Fail().
3. Run Test - test fails as expected.
4. Add another method to the test fixture and decorate it with the [SetUp] attribute.
5. Run test - test passes.

You can also reproduce this using the TestActionRunnerFixture.cs file found in MbUnit.ReSharper.Base.Tests and removing the [SetUp] attribute from the TestSetup method.

Please let me know if you need more information. Great plug-in otherwise!

Thanks,
Matt

left by Tom Opgenorth at 9/5/2007 4:34 PM Gravatar
I'm seeing the same kid of behaviour as Matthew Otto (duplicating the same steps too). Anything I can do to help?

left by Albert Weinert at 9/5/2007 10:59 PM Gravatar
Well, i have to check it. It behave correct with TD.NET or the MbUnit GUI Runner?

Help? You have the source, supply a patch ;)

left by Matthew Otto at 9/5/2007 11:34 PM Gravatar
It runs as expected in TD.Net and with the MbUnit GUI Runner. I posted a sample file in the issue tracker at http://mbunit-resharper.googlecode.com also that might be a little more clear than my description. If I get some time this weekend I will try and dig into the source and see if I can figure out a patch.

Matt

left by Kyle Baley at 9/8/2007 7:15 PM Gravatar
Have just installed your plug-in and like it a lot. Many thanks for developing it.

I notice that it will always run tests marked as Explicit. Have looked through the code to try to figure out where the issue might be put have come up short. Does the plug-in support explicit tests?

Thanks, Kyle

left by Xtoff at 9/11/2007 1:13 PM Gravatar
It doesn't work for me with latest nightly build of r# 3.0.3. Is it normal?

left by Mark Johnson at 9/21/2007 8:45 PM Gravatar
You are a friggin' rockstar. If you had a paypal donate button, I would be dontating.

left by Jafin at 10/18/2007 12:45 AM Gravatar
How do you go about debugging the mbUnit Plugin.

I stuck some breakpoints on the code, attached debugger to a new VS session with the plugin loaded. Yet not of the breakpoints get hit when Running the R# UnitTestRunner? Any tips?

# re: failure with setup attribute

left by Matthew Otto at 12/3/2007 10:51 PM Gravatar
Just wanted to add a comment that the issue I previously referred to has been fixed. Running the code from trunk I am no longer seeing the issue.

Thanks for fixing this,
Matt

left by Albert Weinert at 12/8/2007 11:56 AM Gravatar

The SetUp Bug is fixed, an no need to compile for your installation (only with R#3.1)
Comments have been closed on this topic.